Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to me. You bitches better win.


I know, I know. I should just be happy with both teams winning on Tuesday night. But it's my birthday dammit, and they should both win again. Sadly, not much good ever happens on my birthday, so I am fully prepared for two losses.

Why the Flyers will lose tonight:
*Briere is back. Again. Wonder how long he'll last tonight. I say he's gone by the 10 minute mark of the first.
*Marty is in goal. Um, yeah he's been hot lately, but both our wins against the Caps this year have come with that Finnish dude in goal.
*Kmart is going to be there tonight. His last game was the Valentine's win over the Islanders. No way he goes 2 for 2 this season. Nobody has that kind of luck.

Why the Habs will lose tonight:
*Because I really want them to win and they really need to win with all the other games going on tonight. A loss could mean two other teams potentially leap frogging past them!

I did watch both games (at the same time) on Tuesday. Which means I didn't really pay much attention to either one. To me, it looked like the Habs played better, and seemed to play as a team. I saw better defense and better transitions out of the zone. I was surprised the next day see that fans were pretty split on their reaction to the game. Some said they played just as bad, some said they were much improved. I guess tonight will be a better test of Bob's skills...

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I guess we both have bad luck on our birthdays...At least the Habs got a point....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hammer, that picture pretty much sums up my life!

    And EP, I was very happy to get at least a point tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, there's an existential question that's been bugging me ever since I started reading your blog.

    What will you do if the Habs and Flyers meet in the playoffs this year???

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, I think I would be rooting for the Habs, although I don't know that openly rooting for them at a playoff game would be safe. But I probably would anyhow. Since the Habs don't really look like they're going to make it to the playoffs, I'm not sure I'll have to worry about making a choice. :(

    ReplyDelete