Monday, March 2, 2009

A tale of two games....sort of


Just a quick post before I head out to work. Yeah even though it's snowing. Grrrr. At least there's nobody on the roads!

Saturday night, I got to watch the Habs play the Sharks. It was great. I got to watch it on the big screen...not on my computer, not on tivo delay, not just the first period or just the third period. It was great. I haven't experienced highs and lows like that since the playoffs last year. As the Habs clung to their lead, my hockey superstitions kicked in again:

"Okay, I was on the couch so I have to stay on the couch. Okay, I've been laying in this position for the entire third period, so I can't move. Okay, don't look when San Jose carries it in. OMG, the Habs might win this. NO! Don't think that! Why did you just think that?!? TAKE IT BACK! Okay, I take it back. I didn't even say it or think it."

It's really not a pretty sight in my head. The Habs ended up stealing another one, thanks to Jaro, and I spent all Saturday night dreaming of the Habs (figuratively, of course).

Sunday afternoon, I got to watch the Flyers play the Devils. As a rule, I try not to watch when the Flyers play the Devils. There is really no point. Brodeur always owns us, and this game was no exception. It was a hard game to get into, since I was getting ready for work at the time. My thoughts on the game were "meh."

So there you have it. A pretty clear indication of where my hockey heart stands these days.

More later, if I make it back from driving in the snow.

Big game this week: Thursday the Flyers play Calgary....look for Andre Roy to avenge his ass beating on Riley Cote. Biggest match of the year!

4 comments:

  1. I went on record with my friends saying if the Habs won those 3 games last week (Vancouver, Philly and SJ) that they'd win the Cup. It seemed like a fair bet to take, considering where the Habs were at this time last week!
    There was no way we were supposed to beat the Flyers. But we did.
    And there was less than no way we were supposed to beat the Sharks. But we did.
    Will we really win the Cup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO annoyed at both of my teams right now. Do they have to lose when I'm at home, where my dad's teasing can be incessant?!

    I can't comment on the Flyers-Habs because I was in the plane for all of it, but it's not like the Sharks played crappy or anything... stupid Halak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brodeur owns everyone. That, or the Devils just bore everyone else into submission.

    ReplyDelete