Sunday, February 1, 2009

Top Seven Signs You're Turning Into a Habs Fan



7. Someone at work asks you if the Flyers won last night and you answer, "I don't know."

6. You ask for a Habs hat for Christmas, and your sister says, "do you know the link you sent me was for a Habs hat?"

5. You have not one, but two trips to Montreal planned in the next 6 months.

4. Having any Habs player on your fantasy team is kiss of death for said player. (this rule was previously applied to any Flyers player...)

3. You can't get this picture of Kovalev out of your head (probably applies to Kristin only)

2. you have half of your Flyers season tickets up on Stubhub to finance your trips to Montreal

1. You wear a Habs hat and a Flyers sweatshirt at the same time, and the Flyers sweatshirt just feels wrong...

Help! I need help!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Kristin... you miiiiight have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristin, I'm so sad!

    It's probably just because my dad's a hardcore Habs fan and he is pretty obnoxious about it, but I don't know if I could ever really get into them. It would be like admitting defeat.

    PS-Is reason 2 why you aren't going to go to the Valentines Day game?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Soph, I can't go to the V Day game because I have to go to CT for my grandmother's 90th birthday party! Yikes! I gave my mom a list of days that I could go, and she somehow still picked a day when I couldn't go. But I have to.

    As far as the Habs thing goes, I'm hoping it will go away. But right now it's not looking good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, you have a major problem! Maybe you are feeling sympathy for them, not love? Like pity sex!!! And take Kovalev out of the picture, how do you feel about "the team" now?
    I mean, I can understand your issue, I kind of enjoy the Caps and hardly ever cheer against the Sabres, both due to living now in DC and growing up near Buffalo (and Buffalo is a very lowly place, especially in winter so if the Sabres are doing poorly, there really isn't a reason to keep living until spring there!). But you live IN Philly, so I'm a little confused by this diagnosis! Maybe you should just "sleep" with the Habs and see the grass really isn't greener and come back, take a long hot shower to rid yourself of the guilt and take the Flyers back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your analogy is perfect, Steve. Right now I am sort of fooling around with the Habs beind the Flyers' back. Things are getting pretty serious though...watching Habs games instead of Flyers games.

    And yes, I realize the Kovalev thing has a lot to do with it. I have had that conversation in my head many times..."What if Kovalev were not on the team..." (Which could be a possibility sooner than later.) I guess only time will tell.

    Oh, and the grass is definitely not greener. The Habs have been sucking as of late, so it's not like I'm on a bandwagon or anything...

    ReplyDelete