Friday, February 13, 2009

Flyers can't buy a goal, the curse of the starter, and Gator returns

Well okay, technically, they bought 2 goals, but man, getting anything past Elliott was a challenge. Looks like maybe that Sens coaching change might work out okay for them. Might have to pick up Elliott for my fantasy team.

Flyers did not look bad. However, watching the Habs may have skewed my view of what a good game looks like. Really though, they had lots of chances and just weren't able to capitalize. A few turnovers here and there (I'm looking at you, Jones and Carter) but overall, not bad at all.

Oh wait. I forgot about the 5 goals that the Sens scored. Look, no way was Nitty gonna get the W tonight. It's the curse of being the starter. Too much pressure and it gets into your head. Nitty actually looked solid for most of the game, and most of the goals he let in were just bad breaks. Well, except for that last one where he was totally out of position. I'll have to watch the replay and see what the hell happened there.

I tell ya though, start calling Marty the #1, and Nitty will spring back into form just fine.



Best part of the game (well second best really) was seeing Gator again. I missed him back in December, so tonight was my first time seeing him since he left us. He was scruffalicious as usual and still looks like a Flyer to me!

Best part of course, was seeing Jess and Soph, because not only do they rock, but they shower me with gifts at every opportunity. Yay! Tonight's haul was a Valentine's card with a picture of Gator rocking the fu manchu, a big Tits card, and a half naked picture of Kovalev. Wait...what?

5 comments:

  1. As someone who doesn't like the Flyers (sorry!), I was actually saddened to see that third period which was the only bit I saw. If you're going to be ahead of the Habs in the standings, then the least you could have done was smash the Sens and keep their hopes of a playoff spot dead as a door nail....things were so much better when the Sens had Hartsburg for a coach.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I almost forgot about Gator! Why did he leave us again? It certainly couldn't have been b/c we thought Hatcher was going to contribute more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad we missed Gator at warm-ups! Oh well, seeing your pictures made us feel like we were there!

    haha Valentine's Day is one of my fave holidays, so that definitely warranted a card with Gator sporting a fu manchu! Although your Kova-love is a little out of control... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah a Flyers post? Wat.

    But yea I listened to that game yesterday, and Therien and Propp were not happy with the Flyers' play until the third period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, I forgot to tell you that "kova-love" is my new favorite word.

    ReplyDelete