Friday, February 20, 2009

Every day is like Christmas!

Careful kid, someday he'll crush your dreams!

First off, let me start by saying thanks Flyers for beating the Buffaslugs. It was a good game for Mike Richards fans, with his 2 goals and 3 assists. I hadn't realized we had such a hatred of Buffalo fans, but I was quickly reminded by the Flyers fans in our section every time a Buffalo jersey entered. Also, when Buffalo scored, it sounded like we were in Buffalo.

Sadly (for the Flyers fans who read this), I spent most of the game watching the out of town scoreboard. Pens 1, Habs 0. 1-1. 2-1. 2-2. 3-2. 3-3. Okay, you get the point. I was excited to see the Habs keep tying it up. Unfortunately, once it got to 5-4, they never tied it up again.

Gonchar. Gonchar, Gonchar, Gonchar. The past few years, you have been a Flyer killer, always putting up a goal when we least wanted you to. Now we meet again as you take down the Habs. I love having you on my fantasy team, but please stop killing my real teams.

I came home after the game to catch up on any Kovalev news, and lo and behold, more drama out of Montreal. Big news story today with criminal charges! I woke up early like a kid on Christmas to see what all the buzz was about. So far, all I can say is meh. Who hasn't hung out with the local drug kingpin. That's your big news? We'll see.

Anyhow, I do agree with this article that bringing Kovalev back now is a bit early. I think another game or two would have been better. Just as long as he plays next Friday!

Oh, and thanks to my upstairs tivo for sucking and not properly changing the channel to record the Habs game. I'll never see the look on Gonchar's face as he crushes the Habs dreams of a win!

3 comments: