Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kovalev goes to the doctor, gets a bad haircut.

Marie-France Coallier/THE GAZETTE

Okay, I know that the Tits circus was in full swing yesterday, but am I really the only who noticed that Kovy talked about a trip to the doctor and having blood work done?

I thought I heard him mention it in his presser yesterday, but with his accent and with the fact that I was only half paying attention to what he was actually saying, I sorta thought I imagined it. (That happens to me a lot.)

I finally found an article that touched on it, but only mentioned it as a matter of fact, not a jumping off point for speculation. Here is an excerpt:

Kovalev revealed that he’d seen a doctor to determine why he’s lost weight since training camp and underwent blood tests, which “found a few things” he said, but declined to elaborate.

“I was eating well, but somehow I just kept losing weight and losing energy, and I didn’t feel like myself,” Kovalev said.

Is it just me, or is that a concern?

4 comments:

  1. That's a concern. *whacks Kovy* He should have said something earlier....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big concern! And not just 'cause we love him. Considering he's got that heart problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that's kind of scary to hear...

    Also, Soph and I think Kovalev looks kind of like Liam Neeson in Love Actually in that pic, so maybe the bad haircut is working for him...? Soph says, "It's so wrong, it's right!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 31, what is this heart condition of which you speak?!?

    And Jess, I have always thought that Kovy looks more like Sean Bean, which coincidentally happens to be one of my favorite actors (in the looks department at least...)

    But his hair here does look a bit Liam Neeson-y. Great.

    I'm confident that his hair will be blond, long and flowing by Friday's game...even if he has to get extensions!

    ReplyDelete