Thursday, February 5, 2009

I got nothing

You can't see it here, but he has a Chris Pronger card in his pocket...

I started to write a post yesterday before the Flyers/Bruins game. But really, what was there to say? It was my first game in person since the Pens game on January 13th, and frankly, I had enjoyed my time away from the Wachovia Center. Three blissful weeks of not having to drive an hour in traffic and not having to pay 12 dollars for parking. Sounds like a freaking vacation to me!

I quite enjoyed the first period last night. Tim Thomas made some unbelievable saves early on, and showed the Flyers it was going to be tough to get one past him. Rod found the first period boring, but I guess that's how it goes when nobody scores any goals. I was just happy to get out of the period tied at zero!

I was confused by the choice of putting Metro with Knuble and Gagne. I mean sure, Richie was out with the flu, but how about putting Giroux up there instead? But what do I know...

You know things are bad when Kukkonen is playing forward.

The highlight of the game was meeting up with Soph and Jess, who came bearing gifts for me. Sadly for the Flyers, one of those gifts was a Chris Pronger card. The Flyers record when a Chris Pronger card is at the game is 0-3 now. We got Prongered!!!!!

Next up for the Flyers, the Broons at home. I'm sure that will be an easy one...

Next up for me, the Habs at Buffalo. Crap, I gotta find the link for streaming it online....

2 comments:

  1. Kristin, it was lovely to see you too!

    I think you'll enjoy this... Today our roommate heard about an auction on NHL.com where you can bid on phones (?) signed by players in the All-Star Game. She was very excited to report this to Soph and me, but she couldn't remember who was in the lead:

    "Oh, I think Ovechkin or Malkin have the highest bid." (checks online) "No, wait, it's actually... Kovalev?" At which point Soph and I burst out laughing. We know your secret, Kristin! You're trying to win a Sexy Kovy phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I saw that auction too and was shocked to see that Kovalev was the highest bid. Actually, there were no other bids at the time that I checked! Everyone loves Kovalev!

    I would bid on it, except the phone only works in Canada. Really, it's not me bidding on it. Really!!!

    ReplyDelete